Some Observations on Installation

Jim Pye jim.pye at pyenet.co.nz
Wed Oct 3 00:17:05 CEST 2007

On Tue, 2007-10-02 at 17:01 -0400, Richard Mohr wrote:

> > 1. The --with-htmlurl option on the ./configure command did not seem to
> > work for either install.
>
> It seems you have a typo.  The option name is '-with-htmurl'.

Rechecking and you are correct. Wonder why it accepted -with-htmlurl
without complaining? No problems, I will keep an eye on the spelling
next time...

> > 2. The filename for the rc.d script was just nagios which meant that one
> > would override the other.
>
> That's pretty much standard behavior for most software that installs an
> init script, and is usually what is needed 90% of the time.  (I too have
> done side-by-side installs of Nagios, so I just make sure to avoid
> running "make install-init".)

I saw this one coming after I installed the first version so manually
renamed the script etc. before installing the second version.

Cheers
Jim

--
Jim Pye