Were can I find the check_snmp plugin

Tim Palmer tim at tany.com
Tue Nov 13 22:24:43 CET 2007

Hugo van der Kooij wrote:

Chris - Before you do anything, make sure you have the net-snmp package
installed (look for snmpwalk in /usr/local/bin or suchlike). No snmp
plugin will work without it (that I'm aware of anyway).

I might also suggest you investigate Groundwork - it takes some of the
manual work out of configuring/using Nagios. It still requires
understanding Nagios, and I'm sure its a bit of work to get started, but
in the long run, you'll see web pages for configuration instead of text
files, and it tries to make things a little simpler.

<Disclaimer>: I have only set up the configuration GUI for others, and
haven't used the whole package, so I'm not speaking from experience. Not
sure what its "free-ness" status is either...

tim