Discrpancy b/w NDOUtils DB and Nagios

Yana Millis yana.millis at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 06:41:40 CET 2007

Hello, i'm trying to make some sense out of the data in NDOUtils
hostchecks table...Basically, I just want to test which hosts have
ever been down at any time.
There is large number of hosts whose host status, according
to Nagios' web interface, has been in critical DOWN condition
for quite some time. However, when I run the query on NDOUtils
tables, only a very small subset of these hosts show up.
(I.e. nagios shows that host X,Y,Z and W are down, but when I
run the query on DNOUtils hostchecks data table, only Y and Z
show up as having ever been down, which is *weird*).

I've ensured that Nagios performs the checks every two minutes,
that both nagios and ndoUtils have been running long enough,
and that the Ndo2db is only trimmed once a week (so trimming
could not be the cause of the missing records...)

The query that I'm running is as follows:
SELECT  o.name1, o.object_id, h.host_object_id
FROM nagios.nagios_objects o INNER JOIN
             nagios.nagios_hostchecks h
ON o.object_id=h.host_object_id
WHERE  o.objecttype_id=1 AND h.state=1 AND
                is_raw_check=0;

So can anybody suggest a reason why the hosts which are down
(and critical) in Nagios' web interface are not recorded as such in
NDOUtils' database ??

thanks alot for any suggestions : 0)

--yana