check_snmp_storage fails on 2003 box, works manually

chris serafin chrisserafin at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 07:45:15 CET 2007

I'm having an issue with getting some SNMP commands to work.

When issuing the check_snmp_storage.pl manually, I get perfect results,
but once I put it in Nagios 3.0b5, I get critical alerts: (Return code
of 127 is out of bounds - plugin may be missing)

This is the manual command I enter and the result:

$ sudo ./check_snmp_storage.pl -H 192.168.1.200 -C pUBLIC -m C -w 80 -c 95

C:\ Label:  Serial Number d0d8a583: 66%used(9055MB/13774MB) (<80%) : OK

This is how I defined the command and service:
define command{
        command_name    check_snmp_storage_windrive
        command_line    $USER1$/check_snmp_storage -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -C
$ARG1$ -m $ARG2$  -w $ARG3$ -c $ARG4$
        }

define service{
        use                     generic-service
        host_name               Bunker01_Win2003-01
        service_description     Check Drive C Memory
        check_command
check_snmp_storage_windrive!pUBLIC!^C!90!100!
        }

The host is running Ubuntu 7.x and Nagios 3.0b5

Chris Serafin
Security Engineer
chris at chrisserafin.com