Any experience with check_tacacs_plus.pl (NagiosExchange) or Authen::TACACSPlus [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Stanley.Hopcroft at Dest.gov.au Stanley.Hopcroft at Dest.gov.au
Wed May 23 02:15:25 CEST 2007

Dear Folks,

Please would you let me or the list know of experience checking the
TACACS+ server implemented by Cisco in their 'Secure ACS for Windows
3.3' product ?

Nagios Exchange has a plugin named check_tacacs_plus.pl that makes use
of the Authen::TACACSPlus module from CPAN.

I am not sure these will be helpful in checking a Secure ACS that uses
Windows/AD authentication. That said, since I am very ignorant about
TACACS+ I am probably wrong in thinking that ASCII, CHAP or MS-CHAP (the
alternatives supported by Authen::TACACSPlus) passwords don't sound
right for Windows/AD authentication.

check_tcp on port 49 is a useful standby but hopefully there are other,
non SNMP, alternatives.

Thank you,

Yours sincerely.

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED