HTTP WARNING: HTTP/1.1 401 Authorization Required

Josh Yost Josh.Yost at epsiia.com
Mon May 21 17:46:54 CEST 2007

Richard Solid wrote:
> Per your suggestion I'm trying to suppres the message "HTTP WARNING:
> HTTP/1.1 401 Authorization Required" with the syntax check_http -e 401
>
> The following is how I defined the service inside services.cfg.
>
> Is this correct ? I did this and I'm having configuration errors when
> starting the nagios service.
>
> define service{
>        use                             basic-service
>        name                            http-service
>        notification_options            c,r
>        check_command                   check_http -e 401
>        register                        0
>        }
>
> define service{
>        use                             http-service
>        service_description             HTTP
>        contact_groups                  admins
>        host_name                      domainname.tld
>        }

arguments in the check_command are separated by a '!':
   check_command	check_http!401

You would use the -e flag in your actual command definition:
   command_line		check_http -e $ARG1$ ....

It probably wouldn't hurt for you to (re-)read the docs:
http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/macros.html
http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/xodtemplate.html#command
http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/xodtemplate.html#service

- Josh