HTTP WARNING: HTTP/1.1 401 Authorization Required

Richard Solid richardsolid at gmail.com
Mon May 21 16:44:27 CEST 2007

Per your suggestion I'm trying to suppres the message "HTTP WARNING:
HTTP/1.1 401 Authorization Required" with the syntax check_http -e 401

The following is how I defined the service inside services.cfg.

Is this correct ? I did this and I'm having configuration errors when
starting the nagios service.

define service{
        use                             basic-service
        name                            http-service
        notification_options            c,r
        check_command                   check_http -e 401
        register                        0
        }

define service{
        use                             http-service
        service_description             HTTP
        contact_groups                  admins
        host_name                      domainname.tld
        }