managing users via cgi.cfg

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Tue May 8 16:02:05 CEST 2007

No, you can't.

> hostgroups) of nagios running
> on same mnode. I would like to apply the same kind of user access
settings
> on all the instances.
> Right now I modify the cgi.cfg in each instance. It would be nice if I
> could include another file
> and have all user config in that file. Is it possible in 2.x.

Would be nice but not possible. This can easily be accomplished with a
short external script. Create a head file that contains options that are
different for each. Create a tail file with the authorization
information that you edit frequently. Concatenate them together when you
make a change. In pseudo-code -

for each nagios instance
	cat /path/to/instance/etc/cgi.head
/path/to/common/etc/authorization.tail > /path/to/instance/etc/cgi.cfg
done

--
Marc