What do you not like about Nagios'notification/escalation system?

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Fri Mar 30 16:31:43 CEST 2007

It seems to me that nagios's notification logic is serial in nature,
much like the current host check logic. When there are large numbers of
notifications (or potential notifications) to be sent out, we see check
latencies skyrocket. It would be nice to see notifications performed in
parallel if that's really what's going on. I am making the assumption
that it's the notification logic because immediately after disabling
notifications on a program-wide basis, check processing returns to
normal.

--
Marc