Passive service result check, using host address instead of host name

Manish Sapariya manishs at gs-lab.com
Tue Mar 27 10:33:38 CEST 2007

Hi All,
Is there any way to specify the host address instead of host name when
reporting passive service
check result. In my deployment I want to identify the hosts by their mac
address as far as nagios
is concerned, however user should still be able to view hostname in the
nagios GUI.

Is there any way I can tell nagios to look for host address instead of
host name in the passive
check result?

PROCESS_SERVICE_CHECK_RESULT
Command Format:
PROCESS_SERVICE_CHECK_RESULT;<host_name>;<service_description>;<return_code>;<plugin_output>

Thanks and Regards,
Manish