Monitoring multiple windows clients behind a firewall

Jeff Platter jplatter at vortexit.net
Thu Jul 26 21:47:01 CEST 2007

I have a Nagios server setup at my office running version 3.0a5 on centos 4.
I have a small client that I would like to monitor their workstations from
my Nagios server. They have a small network with five windows workstations
and one network printer behind a Linksys router and dsl internet connection.
I have been able to setup NSClient++ to work on local windows machines for
monitoring but I am not sure how to set it up to work at a remote site with
this sort of configuration. I don't have the  ability to setup a linux box
at the client site to monitor these machines and report back to my main
server. Is there any way that I can have one of the windows machines act as
a NRPE server and have it check the other boxes or have the other boxes
report back to it and then it report back to my main server? Or can I just
have all the machines report back directly to my main server?

Thanks,

-Jeff

believed to be clean.