nagiosgraph restart, aggregate.cgi

dave stern - e-mail.pluribus.unum dit.dash at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 19:43:32 CEST 2007

I had a linux-based nagios 2.9 install with nagiosgraph 0.8. The server recently
shutdown and upon startup, while nagios ran fine and nagiosgraph.log
and perdata.log
both show the correct type of activity, new graphs simply weren't
generated after startup.
The classic: "Illegal attempt to update" message goes into the log. I
took this to be just
a warning that one of the epoch values is incorrect. I base this
assumption on the fact
that higher level debug shows RRD inserts.

I tried running insert.pl manually, moving the RRDs aside to make new
ones but still
couldn't get the graphs generated so I backed up my setup and upgraded to
nagiosgraph 0.9.

Now I am generating graphs however nagiosgraph-0.9 has an update.pl
which moves the
RRDs into hostname subdirectories. I installed aggregate.cgi with the
previous version
to create a single webpage with all the graphs and this no longer
works due to the RRD
format or location. Does anyone have a patch or newer version of aggregate.cgi
(http://www.nebrwesleyan.edu/people/stpierre/aggregate.cgi)

Also, I notice that the perfdata.log file seems to get rolled on its
own every few minutes
and running nagiosgraph with warning-level debugs produces a warning
"perfdata not
recognized". I presume these two events are related.

Thanks