nagios authorisation

Morris, Patrick patrick.morris at hp.com
Wed Jul 25 22:15:19 CEST 2007

> My problem: it seems to me that users can be give administrator
> privileges
> which will allow them to see and issue commands to all services. But
> you
> cannot restrict the administrative provileges to some services: either
> you
> can issue commands for all services/hosts or for none.
>
> Is there a middle road? Is there an add-on for nagios which manages
> authorisations?

Assuming you don't globally add all rights to all users (and it sounds
like you have), this is not the case.  Generally, users are allowed to
view and interact with services for which they are contacts (see the
sections of the docs about CGI auth for details).

There is, however, no "read-only" access in an out-of-the-box Nagios
installation. Either a certain user has full access to a given host or
service, or none.