nagios authorisation

Tomasz Wlodek tomw at bnl.gov
Wed Jul 25 22:31:42 CEST 2007

On Wed, 25 Jul 2007, Morris, Patrick wrote:

> Assuming you don't globally add all rights to all users (and it sounds
> like you have), this is not the case.  Generally, users are allowed to
> view and interact with services for which they are contacts (see the
> sections of the docs about CGI auth for details).
>
> There is, however, no "read-only" access in an out-of-the-box Nagios
> installation. Either a certain user has full access to a given host or
> service, or none.

Exactly. Either you have "read-write" access to service, or none.

And If I want users to have "read-write" access to some services and "read
only" to others - how can I do this?

I understand that Nagios in standard version does not allow for this, bu5t
maybe someone knows an add-on which allows for this?

I investigated Oreon and it does not allow for such access as well. Maybe
other tool?

TomW