nagios authorisation

Tomasz Wlodek tomw at bnl.gov
Wed Jul 25 21:58:42 CEST 2007

Hi,

I am sure this issue came out thousands of times before...

I have threee groups of services A, B and C. Users logon to nagios page
and I want some of them to have the following authorisations:

they should see all services from group A, they should be able to issue
commands for thouse services, acknowledge problems and receive alerts.

They should see services from group B but they shouold not be able to
issue any commands for those services and they should not receive alerts
about those services.

They should not see the services from group C.

My problem: it seems to me that users can be give administrator privileges
which will allow them to see and issue commands to all services. But you
cannot restrict the administrative provileges to some services: either you
can issue commands for all services/hosts or for none.

Is there a middle road? Is there an add-on for nagios which manages
authorisations?

TomW