NSCA Passive with UDP

D.Parise at iaea.org D.Parise at iaea.org
Wed Jul 25 14:01:36 CEST 2007

Dear All,

            I will make a massive use of passive services. I have
machines performing various types of jobs and reporting to Nagios. With
TCP if Nagios is down the jobs hangs waiting for timeout. Do you think
it is possible to use UDP connection for this purpose. Do you see any
drawback in this choice?

Regards,

Davide Parise

Safeguards Systems Analyst

Division of Technical Support (SGTS)

International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA)

Tel.: +43 1 2600 26496 (Office)

Fax: +43 1 2600 29317 (21st Floor)

E-mail: d.parise at iaea.org

This email message is intended only for the use of the named recipient.
Information contained in this email message and its attachments may be
privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure. If you are not the
intended recipient, please do not read, copy, use or disclose this
communication to others. Also please notify the sender by replying to this
message and then delete it from your system.