Bandwidth and VSAT monitoring

Shivkumar shivkumar at outbackwifi.com
Wed Jul 25 18:48:16 CEST 2007

pushkar kelkar said the following:
> hello,
>
>         I wish to know how can we monitor the bandwidth of a network
> and also include VSAT  networks in the monitoring process.

Hi,
Reading the Nagios Documentation would probably help you arrive at the
decision whether Nagios is the right fit for your requirements.
Having said that,
Nagios doesnt know or care whether you have a Wi-Fi, Wired or even a
VSAT network. All that matters is that these network
devices/endpoints/switches/routers/CPEs need to be IP capable (or at the
very least be SNMP capable)
It would really help if you outlined what you did to monitor the VSAT
network and why it did not work with Nagios.
As far as bandwidth monitoring goes, smokeping or cacti are your best
friends.

Regards,
Shiv