notifications for a hostgroup to a particular contact

Lalita Drolia ldrolia at bea.com
Wed Jul 25 14:10:37 CEST 2007

Hi,

I am using Nagios for past couple of months.

Now I need to do the following configuration-

There is a set of machines for which I want a particular person to be
notified in case any of those machines goes up or down.

I thought I would make a hostgroup of those machines and put that in the
contacts.cfg as a parameter.

But after going through the documentation I realized this is not
possible.

Can you please tell me the best way to achieve this?

I would really appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Lalita

Notice:  This email message, together with any attachments, may contain information  of  BEA Systems,  Inc.,  its subsidiaries  and  affiliated entities,  that may be confidential,  proprietary,  copyrighted  and/or legally privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named in this message. If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this message in error, please immediately return this by email and then delete it.