Service Alerts and Notifications

Sat Jan 6 19:31:55 CET 2007

Hmm, that's bad news.
In other time settings within in the config you can set "seconds".

I only did this in my new Nagios server build which I haven't gone live
with yet - the config checker doesn't throw an error so I'd assumed it
was valid.

Anyone else know this -
In my case what I'd like to do is check each service every 5 minutes,
then if it goes down, check 10 seconds later 3 times - so after 30
seconds if it's still down notify me.
One of my routers can be flaky, and at least once a day it will fail a
Ping check, but succeed straight away with the next one - therefore I
don't want to have to wait a minute since it failed to find out that
it's OK.

I was going to alter the interval units setting in the config, but
Nagios warns that the consequences are untested - anyone have anything
further on this?

Andy.