host status change after service check fail

Danila Kutepkin skorbets at rambler.ru
Sat Jan 6 14:01:51 CET 2007

hi there!

I know that my question is dull, but I can't find the answer. So,
please, be mercy...

After a service (ping) check failed, host state say that host's still
UP. That's not what we want to have as we'd like to make a host check
and to know, if the host is UNREACHABLE of DOWN. Please, help.

service config

define service{
         use                                       generic-service
         hostgroup_name                  test
         service_description              PING
         parallelize_check                  1
         is_volatile                             0
         servicegroups                      host_service
         check_period                     24x7
         max_check_attempts         1
         normal_check_interval       10
         retry_check_interval          5
         contact_groups                  router-admins
         notification_interval           0
         notification_period             24x7
         notification_options            c,r
         check_command
                check_ping!1000.0,20%!5000.0,60%
         }

host config

define host{
         use                                               test-host
         host_name                                   test_host
         alias                                             test host
         address                                       192.168.0.1
}

define host{
         name                                             test-host
         notifications_enabled                   1
         event_handler_enabled               0
         flap_detection_enabled               0
         process_perf_data                      1
         retain_status_information           1
         retain_nonstatus_information     1
         contact_groups                           router-admins
         register                                       0
         hostgroups                                  test
         max_check_attempts              2
         notification_interval           1
         active_checks_enabled           0
         check_interval                  1
         check_command                   check-host-test-alive
         notification_interval   1
         notification_period     24x7
         notification_options    d,u,r
}