parent/child setup not working

Fri Jan 5 23:21:48 CET 2007

Hi David,

I'm not clued up on parent/child relationships between hosts, however
one thing I believe might be happening is that the example of the alert
you've sent for the service - it might be a "reminder" notification that
the service is still down.  (Perhaps as a result of escalation settings?)

I think this is because it has a delay in the state variable - ie.
"CRITICAL for xxxxx" as opposed to just "CRITICAL."

What's the definition for that service?

Andy.

--
Andy Shellam
NetServe Support Team

the Mail Network
"an alternative in a standardised world"

p: +44 (0) 121 288 0832/0839
m: +44 (0) 7818 000834