parent/child setup not working

David Miller nagios at d.sparks.net
Sat Jan 6 00:32:59 CET 2007

Andy Shellam (Mailing Lists) wrote:

Arghh!  Sorry for the previous, content free reply.

The service entry is;

define service{
        use                             generic-service         ; Name
of service template to use
        hostgroup_name                  webservers
        service_description             Check Simple Webservers
        is_volatile                     0
        check_period                    24x7
        max_check_attempts              5
        normal_check_interval           5
        retry_check_interval            2
        contact_groups                  ops
        notification_interval           120
        notification_period             24x7
        notification_options            w,u,c,r
        check_command                   check_http
        }

But the point is, unless I'm missing something, that the service should
not be checked at all if the parent is down.

Thanks!

--- David