vicq with nagios

Chaim Keren Tzion chaim at intercomp.co.il
Wed Feb 21 04:15:02 CET 2007

Hi,

I am having trouble getting vicq working with nagios.
I have set up the following command definition:

define command{
        command_name    notify-by-sms
command_line    /usr/bin/printf "sms $CONTACTPAGER$/$NOTIFICATIONTYPE$:
$HOSTALIAS$: $SERVICEDESC$ is
$SERVICESTATE$" | /usr/local/bin/vicq -b -o -c /var/log/nagios/.vicq/config
}

But I don't receive and sms's.

If I log in as the nagios user and execute the command manually it works
perfectly.

If I send the printf to a file with '>' like this:

/usr/bin/printf "sms $CONTACTPAGER$/$NOTIFICATIONTYPE$: $HOSTALIAS$:
$SERVICEDESC$ is $SERVICESTATE$" > /var/log/nagios/output

I see the proper message in the 'output' file so I know the notify-by-sms
command it being executed, but the vicq command does not work from within
nagios. I've even tried to put:
/usr/local/bin/vicq -b -o -c /var/log/nagios/.vicq/config
inside of an executable file and pipe to the file. Again, no-go, works
manually as nagios user but not from the command definition.

Any ideas?

TIA,
Chaim