Problem with check_nrpe

ankit.mehrotra at tcs.com ankit.mehrotra at tcs.com
Fri Dec 14 14:39:54 CET 2007

Hi,

I am trying to start a service on a client machine from Nagios server
using Nrpe and check_nrpe. The error its stating when I am trying to start
the service is,
"CHECK_NRPE:Socket timeout after 10 seconds".
But  on the client machine the service gets started.

It works fine when I am trying to stop the service on the client machine.
On debugging I have found that it follows the expected path.
What could be a reason for this strange behaviour ? Any guesses.

Thanks
Ankit

and any attachments. Thank you