Problem with check_nrpe

mark redding mwjredding at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 16:08:15 CET 2007

Hi,

On 14/12/2007, ankit.mehrotra at tcs.com <ankit.mehrotra at tcs.com> wrote:
>  I am trying to start a service on a client machine from Nagios server
>  using Nrpe and check_nrpe. The error its stating when I am trying to start
>  the service is,
>  "CHECK_NRPE:Socket timeout after 10 seconds".
>  But  on the client machine the service gets started.

What does your nrpe.cfg file look like on the server, does it allow
connections from the nagios machine and are you communicating over the
same port on each side ?
Also, I've found in the past on some machines that you explicitly need
to add an entry for nrpe and the nagios server in /etc/hosts.allow.

--
bright blessings,
Mark