check cluster plugin

Thomas Guyot-Sionnest dermoth at aei.ca
Tue Apr 24 06:45:27 CEST 2007

On 23/04/07 07:08 PM, James wrote:
> Ok thanks that's working great.
>
> I had one more question about this cluster plugin tho.
>
> So for instance when i'm running the plugin i'm checking the plugin
> against an ip address.
> However say if i want the notification to send back the hostname that's
> failing how would i do that?
>
> so for instance
> -d $HOSTSTATEID:ipaddress$
>
> that would give information about the host state and give back an ip
> address in notification but is there anyway to include a hostname in the
> notification as well?
> Like anyway to append a comment to the $HOSTSTATEID:ipaddress$
>
> that way when i get a notification i don't just get a number. i get an
> actual name identified with the ip address.

The name should be the host/service name in your notification email. I.e.

define service {
  host_name           ClusterNode
  service_description My Cluster
  check_command
check_cluster!$HOSTSTATEID:1.2.3.4$,$HOSTSTATEID:4.3.2.1$,$HOSTSTATEID:2.1.4.3$
  [...]
}

Then you would get notified for service "My Cluster" on host
"ClusterNode" if
$HOSTSTATEID:1.2.3.4$,$HOSTSTATEID:4.3.2.1$,$HOSTSTATEID:2.1.4.3$ exceed
 set thresholds.

Thomas