check cluster plugin

James james at nttmcl.com
Tue Apr 24 01:08:28 CEST 2007

Ton Voon wrote:
> James,
>
> Can you try the snapshot at http://nagiosplug.sf.net/snapshot.
> check_cluster2 has been recently moved into core and renamed as
> check_cluster.
>
> Ton
>
> On 23 Apr 2007, at 21:23, James wrote:
>
>> Hi i was trying to use the check cluster plugin from the contrib
>> directory in the nagios plugins download but i get the following:
>>
>> ./check_cluster2.c: line 1: /backup: is a directory
>> ./check_cluster2.c: line 2: aix: command not found
>> ./check_cluster2.c: line 3: aix: command not found
>> ./check_cluster2.c: line 4: aix: command not found
>> ./check_cluster2.c: line 5: syntax error near unexpected token `('
>> ./check_cluster2.c: line 5: ` * Copyright (c) 2000-2004 Ethan Galstad
>> (nagios at nagios.org)'
>>
>> i'm just suppose to copy the files from the contrib directory to the
>> plugins directory i'm using right?
>> Or am i suppose to configure them and do make and all that stuff?
>> cause if so can someone give me the command for making and installing
>> the contrib plugins?
>>
>> Thanks

>> reporting any issue.
>

> http://www.altinity.com
> T: +44 (0)870 787 9243
> F: +44 (0)845 280 1725
> Skype: tonvoon

Ok thanks that's working great.

I had one more question about this cluster plugin tho.

So for instance when i'm running the plugin i'm checking the plugin
against an ip address.
However say if i want the notification to send back the hostname that's
failing how would i do that?

so for instance
-d $HOSTSTATEID:ipaddress$

that would give information about the host state and give back an ip
address in notification but is there anyway to include a hostname in the
notification as well?
Like anyway to append a comment to the $HOSTSTATEID:ipaddress$

that way when i get a notification i don't just get a number. i get an
actual name identified with the ip address.

Thanks Much