check cluster plugin

James james at nttmcl.com
Tue Apr 24 18:07:14 CEST 2007

Thomas Guyot-Sionnest wrote:
> On 23/04/07 07:08 PM, James wrote:
>
> The name should be the host/service name in your notification email. I.e.
>
> define service {
>   host_name           ClusterNode
>   service_description My Cluster
>   check_command
> check_cluster!$HOSTSTATEID:1.2.3.4$,$HOSTSTATEID:4.3.2.1$,$HOSTSTATEID:2.1.4.3$
>   [...]
> }
>
> Then you would get notified for service "My Cluster" on host
> "ClusterNode" if
> $HOSTSTATEID:1.2.3.4$,$HOSTSTATEID:4.3.2.1$,$HOSTSTATEID:2.1.4.3$ exceed
>  set thresholds.
>
> Thomas

What i wanted to know how to do was assign a name to EACH node of the
cluster in the notification email.
The host that is using the service is not associated with the cluster i
need to monitor at least that's what it says i should do in the
instructions.
So knowing the name of the host is useless since it has nothing to do
with the cluster.

So what i need to be able to do is assign some sort of name to each node
on the cluster and have it spit back that name in a notification email
if possible.
I also don't want to use the actual hostname of the host for it to check
in the cluster because if the dns server goes down for some reason all
of these clusters will be unable to resolve.

any ideas anybody? I mean obviously having the ip is useful too but
hostnames are much easier to identify