Using plugins in general

Arno Lehmann al at its-lehmann.de
Mon Apr 2 23:59:09 CEST 2007

Hi,

On 4/2/2007 7:21 PM, Nedim Bicic wrote:

> Hi i have nagios 2.4
>
> I want to use the plugins i have but when i set up a test host to check
> CPU or diskspace i keep getting wiered error a bunch of code in the
> service menu on the nagios web - interface, but whats intresting the
> PING service works for some reason i enabled SNMP on the test host
>
> I am not sure how plugins suppose to work does anyone know how i can use
> these nice plugins there could be very useful

The best thing to do is start with reading Nagios' manual. Then, try the
plugins on the shell.

Then, add things together - put the necessary things in the
configuration file.

If it doesn't work then, report your problem - including relevant
configuration data, system information, and faulty output.

Apart from that I can only confirm that I do know how to use plugins,
and I can also confirm that some of them are very useful.

Arno

IT-Service Lehmann                    al at its-lehmann.de