Problem compiling NDOUtils 1.3

Samba Samba at guidemail.com
Tue May 16 18:16:09 CEST 2006

Hi all,

I'm having problems compiling NDOUtils for use with MySQL.  I've googled
for NDOUtils, NDOUtils and Mysql.  But I'm not having any luck

I've tried specifying the --with-mysql-lib and --with-mysql-inc but with
no luck.

The message I'm getting when I run configure is below:

checking for mysql_store_result in -lmysqlclient... no

*** MySQL library could not be located... **************************

You chose to compile NDBXT with MySQL support, but I was unable to
locate the MySQL library on your system.  If the library is
installed,  use the --with-mysql-lib argument to specify the
location of the MySQL library.

NOTE: After you install the necessary libraries on your system:
      1. Make sure /etc/ld.so.conf has an entry for the directory in
         which the MySQL libraries are installed.
      2. Run 'ldconfig' to update the run-time linker options.
      3. Run 'make devclean' in the NDBXT distribution to clean out
         any old references to your previous compile.
      4. Rerun the configure script.

TIP: Try the following....

         ./configure --with-mysql-lib=/usr/lib/mysql

checking mysql/mysql.h usability... no
checking mysql/mysql.h presence... no
checking for mysql/mysql.h... no

*** MySQL include file could not be located... **********************

You chose to compile NDBXT with MySQL support, but I was unable to
locate <mysql/mysql.h> on your system.  If the include file is
installed, use the --with-mysql-inc argument to specify the location
of the MySQL include file.

Josh

samba at guidemail.com