Deleting/Removing data from Nagios/HTTP WARNING: HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request

Robert Snyder rns3 at psu.edu
Tue May 16 19:27:04 CEST 2006

Hi,

I have two questions:

1) I have just spent the last week getting Nagios set up on OS X to
monitor about 20 servers and 60 services. I am still adding services,
but needless to say, over the past week I have created a lot of false
warnings and errors.

Is there a way to flush the existing data from Nagios so that now that I
have all of the services working correctly (and no more error 127's) I
can show the reports to others without them freaking out about all the
critical errors?

2) Also, can anyone tell me why when I use $ARG1$ to pass the URI value
for -u from the service configuration back to the check_http check I get
HTTP WARNING: HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request's, but when I hard code the exact
same value for the URI in the checkcommands.cfg file the service works fine?

For example:

This entry in the checkcommands.cfg

# 'check_ODIN' command definition
define command{
        command_name    check_ODIN
        command_line    /opt/local/libexec/nagios/check_http -ssl -H
$HOSTADDRESS$ -u /cgi-bin/WebObjects/SMERXCode
        }

works 100% with this entry in minimal.cfg

define service{
        use                             generic-service          ; Name
of service $
        hostgroup_name                  ODINProWeb
        service_description             ODINLogin
        is_volatile                     0
        check_period                    24x7
        max_check_attempts              3
        normal_check_interval           5
        retry_check_interval            1
        contact_groups                  admins-group
        notification_interval           30
        notification_period             24x7
        notification_options            c,r
        check_command                   check_ODIN
        }

BUT THIS PAIR DOES NOT:

# 'check_woapplication' command definition
define command{
        command_name    check_woapplication
        command_line    /opt/local/libexec/nagios/check_http -H
$HOSTADDRESS$  -u "$ARG1$"
        }

define service{
        use                             generic-service          ; Name
of service $
        hostgroup_name                  ODINProWeb
        service_description             ODINLogin
        is_volatile                     0
        check_period                    24x7
        max_check_attempts              3
        normal_check_interval           5
        retry_check_interval            1
        contact_groups                  admins-group
        notification_interval           30
        notification_period             24x7
        notification_options            c,r
        check_command                   check_woapplication!/cgi-bin/
WebObjects/SMERXCode
        }

In the second case I get HTTP WARNING: HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request.

I have tried all manors of quoting, not quoting, and such for the URI value.

Thanks for any insight to both questions

Robert

Robert Snyder
Outreach Technology Services
The Pennsylvania State University