Log files

Morris, Patrick patrick.morris at hp.com
Tue May 9 06:14:45 CEST 2006

Nagios will never take the log files into account to build status.dat.
The file is updated only when a check is run, and it saves only the
state of the last check it performed.

If it's really critical to you that the new system tell you it thinks
the box has been up for longer than that, you're probably going to have
to hand-edit the status.dat file, or write a script to convert your old
netsaint status file (or at least insert the dats into the right places
in the status.dat file).