external command not working

Patrick Morris patrick.morris at hp.com
Mon May 8 20:11:28 CEST 2006

From nagios.cfg:

# EXTERNAL COMMAND FILE
# This is the file that Nagios checks for external command requests.
# It is also where the command CGI will write commands that are
# submitted
# by users, so it must be writeable by the user that the web server
# is running as (usually 'nobody').  Permissions should be set at the
# directory level instead of on the file, as the file is deleted every
# time its contents are processed.

command_file=/var/log/nagios/rw/nagios.cmd

--
Patrick Morris
Snapfish/HP