dependencies.cfg

Deborah Martin Deborah.Martin at Kognitio.com
Thu Mar 16 18:23:08 CET 2006

Have you checked that nagios.cfg is not pointing to another copy of
dependencies.cfg elsewhere on your system ?

regs,
deborah
 -----Original Message-----
From: Brunker, Jay [mailto:Jay.Brunker at twc.state.tx.us]
Sent: 16 March 2006 17:01
To: nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Nagios-users] dependencies.cfg

Greetings:

I'm having some troubles getting nagios to start correctly.

On my first attempt to start I received an error due to 'check_host_alive'
being defined
in a couple of spots ... bigger.cfg and minimal.cfg ... read a post where it
was
recommended to comment out minimal.cfg in nagios.cfg ... OK ... so far so
good.

Now, when I attempt to start nagios I get an error due to dependencies.cfg
not
being readable. The file is owned by nagios.nagios ( 664 ) , but a test of
nagios.cfg still gives me a 'cannot read' dependencies.cfg error.

Permissions on the directory '/usr/local/nagios/etc': 775

What up with dependencies.cfg ?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

JZB.

Jay Brunker
Unix Systems Administrator
Texas Workforce Commission
101 E. 15th St.
512-475-2625    Desk Phone
512-849-4985    Pager

are addressed. Any unauthorised distribution or copying is strictly
prohibited.

Whilst Kognitio Limited takes steps to prevent the transmission of
viruses via e-mail, we can not guarantee that any email or
attachment is free from computer viruses and you are strongly
advised to undertake your own anti-virus precautions.

Kognitio grants no warranties regarding performance,
use or quality of any e-mail or attachment and undertakes no
liability for loss or damage, howsoever caused.