dependencies.cfg

Brunker, Jay Jay.Brunker at twc.state.tx.us
Thu Mar 16 18:00:49 CET 2006

Greetings:

I'm having some troubles getting nagios to start correctly.

On my first attempt to start I received an error due to 'check_host_alive'
being defined
in a couple of spots ... bigger.cfg and minimal.cfg ... read a post where it
was
recommended to comment out minimal.cfg in nagios.cfg ... OK ... so far so
good.

Now, when I attempt to start nagios I get an error due to dependencies.cfg
not
being readable. The file is owned by nagios.nagios ( 664 ) , but a test of
nagios.cfg still gives me a 'cannot read' dependencies.cfg error.

Permissions on the directory '/usr/local/nagios/etc': 775

What up with dependencies.cfg ?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

JZB.