"double free or corruption" message

Kurt Yoder ktynagios at richard-group.com
Thu Mar 16 19:52:05 CET 2006

Hi list

Recently my main nagios process started crashing. After switching it
to foreground so I can see what's going on, I found this message
after the latest crash:

*** glibc detected *** double free or corruption (!prev): 0x080a4820 ***
Aborted

The main process usually runs several hours before it crashes like
this. It seems to have started doing this yesterday, though I can't
think of anything significant that I changed on the monitoring server
around that time.

I'm using Nagios 1.3 (Debian package is 1.3-cvs.20050402-2.sarge.1)
and glibc 2.95.4. Can anyone offer any suggestions toward fixing this
so it stops crashing?

-Kurt