Compiling nrpe and plugins on HP-UX 11.11

Weytens, Randy J. Randy.Weytens at ACNielsen.com
Mon Jun 12 14:59:18 CEST 2006

I cannot get nrpe or the plugins to compile correctly on HP-UX 11.11.
I've tried numerous things such as setting compiler flags, make -i, and
waving a magic wand.  I am using gcc 3.4.3.  What does compile only half
works, like check_disk won't return performance data.  nrpe hangs quite
often, so I wrote a shell script to kill off nrpe processes running for
more than 5 minutes.  In some cases I've written my own scripts to
handle the checks we're most interested in , such as check_procs and
check_swap.  I've also tried the depot files available on
nagiosexchange, but those don't work either.  Does anyone have
suggestions?

Thanks,

Randy Weytens