CRITICAL - Plugin timed out while executing system call

Joshua Knarr jknarr at i3archive.com
Mon Jun 12 15:51:00 CEST 2006

Hello all,

I'm running Version 2.3 (I know it's a minor-rev behind) and for the
plugins (which are the latest version) I occasionally get "CRITICAL -
Plugin timed out while executing system call".  This happens when the
box is under load, usually at night when we're doing a lot of processing
over here.  I would like -- instead of the nagios default to critical --
to have all the plugins default to UNKNOWN when the result is "Plugin
times out when executing system call".  Is there an easy way to
accomplish this?

Thanks,
Joshua Knarr

***** Nagios  *****

Notification Type: PROBLEM

Service: App: Web Content check
Host: One Of My Hosts(linux)
Address: Some Hostname
State: CRITICAL

Date/Time: Mon Jun 12 08:52:47 EDT 2006

Additional Info:

CRITICAL - Plugin timed out while executing system call