nagios configuration

trevor obba trevor_obba at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jun 7 18:45:02 CEST 2006

I would like to configure my nagios server so that when an host is down it does not send me an alert about all the services it mornitoring instead it send me one alert informing that the host is down.
 Basically, Can nagios be set up with hierarchical tests... don't report a machine is
     out of disk space, when it is down.

 I am runing nagios version 2.0b and how do i configure these.

 can you hlep, please.