nagios configuration

Jason Martin jhmartin at toger.us
Wed Jun 7 18:46:54 CEST 2006

On Wed, Jun 07, 2006 at 04:45:02PM +0000, trevor obba wrote:
> I would like to configure my nagios server so that when an host is down it does not send me an alert about all the services it mornitoring instead it send me one alert informing that the host is down.
>  Basically, Can nagios be set up with hierarchical tests... don't report a machine is
>      out of disk space, when it is down.
Nagios already does this -- if you have a valid host check
defined, Nagios will tell you the host is down instead of each
servce. If you are getting a ton of service failure messages
when the host dies, you probably have some sort of dummy check
defined for the host.

-Jason Martin
>  I am runing nagios version 2.0b and how do i configure these.
>
>  can you hlep, please.

Entropy isn't what it used to be.
This message is PGP/MIME signed.