Different Notification Intervals and Periods for a Service

JESKEY, AARON AJESKEY at avivausa.com
Fri Jan 13 00:48:15 CET 2006

I have been trying to figure out the best way to go about having different
notification intervals, and periods for services that are in a warning
verses critical states.

The thought here being this, I don't want to be woken up by a disk going in
to warning in the middle of the night, nor do I want it to be spouting off
an email every 30 minutes until I take care of it. However If the disk is
critical I do want it to notify me in the middle of the night and I want it
to keep hounding me until I fix it.

What I really am hoping to find out is that I am missing something in the
documentation, that it is just as easy as adding something like:

	notification_warning_interval		480
	notification_critical_interval	5
	notification_warnings_period		time_production_hours
	notification_critical_period		time_all_hours

Maybe I am not missing something. Maybe this should be a feature request.

I can see leaving the current non-critical-warning options as they are and
just add something like I noted above... You know for people that don't like
being woken up for silly reasons.

Currently running Nagios 2.0rc1

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks

Aaron Jeskey
Intel / Telcom / Network Manager
Aviva Life Insurance Company

the system manager.
anti-virus software for the presence of computer viruses.