nagios not notifying by email

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Mon Feb 27 20:53:29 CET 2006

What have you tried to diagnose or correct the problem before coming
here?

It appears that your host and service definitions are probably OK if
you're seeing notification attempts in nagios.log.

Did you verify you're using the correct (new) macros in your
notification command?

Have you tried running your notification command from the command line
as the nagios user, substituting in appropriate text for the macros?
What happens?

Have you looked in your mail server logs to determine if it sees the
notification attempt? Queues the mail? Attempts to deliver it? Bounces
it?

Have you tried 'echo'ing your notification command to a file to verify
that it has the correct syntax and format?

--
Marc