Difficulty with wildcards in serviceescalation

Ivan Fetch ifetch at du.edu
Mon Feb 20 23:25:06 CET 2006

Hello,

    I'm having difficulties with wildcards in a serviceescalation, running
nagios 2.0-stable.  It seems like the documentation discusses doing
exactly this, so perhaps my trying to get this to work last minute is
causing me to overlook something...  Any ideas?

# Limit notifications to a max of 5, the last one notifying everyone.
define serviceescalation{
host_name       *
service_description *
first_notification 5
last_notification 0
notification_interval 0
contact_groups everyone
}

    When verifying the config I get:

"Reading configuration data...

Error: Could not find any host matching '*'
Error: Could not expand hostgroups and/or hosts specified in service
escalation (config file '/usr/local/nagios/etc/du/services.cfg', starting
on line 154)"

    I have this set in /usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg:
use_regexp_matching=1
use_true_regexp_matching=0
# ... at the end of the file ...
cfg_dir=/usr/local/nagios/etc/du
# (which is where the services.cfg is read, which is where the
#    serviceescalation is defined)

Thanks,

Ivan Fetch.
'