Upgrade from 1.1 to 2.0rc2 Changes Service Checks

Pete Shelfo PShelfo at embrex.com
Wed Feb 8 18:23:13 CET 2006

I have been running custom check_nt and check_snmp commands in my
services files as each instance is different.  However now that I am
moving to version 2.0rc2 I keeping getting the following error on the
pre-flight check:

Error: Service check command '"/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_nt'
specified in service 'Service States' for host 'server1' not defined
anywhere!

The new build of Nagios is a fresh install on a separate server.  If I
run check_nt or check_snmp from a terminal command line the check runs
fine.  Did something check in the new version that changed the way
check_commands work?  It appears that anything I set with a custom check
command is failing but everything else that has a direct reference in
the checkcommands.cfg file works.

Example of my service check:

# SERVICES

define service{

      use                           generic-service         ; Name of
service template to use

      host_name                     server1

      service_description           Service States

      check_command                 "/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_nt
-H $HOSTADDRESS$ -p 1248 -v SERVICESTATE -d SHOWALL -l
McShield,Netlogon,W32Time"

      }

Pete Shelfo

Systems Engineer