Reporting and misc rave.

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Fri Feb 3 01:12:19 CET 2006

> Main problem: Both systems have their own host/service
> configuration systems, so you'll end up duplicating all the
> data entry.

We get around this with a home-grown configuration system, which outputs not
just the Nagios configuration files, but also files for MRTG, updates a
mysql database, creates LDAP users for access, and so on.  The configuration
tool also probes hosts for agents, hooks in templates, and probes switches
and routers for port information and determines parent relationships for
Nagios and connection info for crosslinking in MRTG.

Sadly this tool is too customised for our environment for me to make it
available for general release.

Steve