Nagios-users Digest, Vol 7, Issue 32

Stanley.Hopcroft at Dest.gov.au Stanley.Hopcroft at Dest.gov.au
Thu Dec 21 02:35:26 CET 2006

Dear Sir,

I am writing to thank you for your letter and say,

Thoughts only.

Pie chart of what - a histogram of hosts in availability ranges (eg
0-90%, 90.1-98.5, 98.6 - 99.95, > 99.95%) ?

If you want to do it with the standard tools you will have some work
counting numbers in each cathegory and then charting.

The approach might be

1 extract the availability data as CSV
2 import into the charting tool of your choice (eg OpenOffice)
3 chart

We

1 have an event handler that inserts a record into a DB when a host
comes up (yes, this is pretty wonky)

2 have SQL that does the histogram stuff

3 use Perl Spreadsheet::WriteExcel to do the charting.

This isn't partic good but it provides the charts that managers insist
on (rightly).

HTH