to anyone monitoring windows machines with nagios (wmi, etc.)

Trevor Warren trevorwarren at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 01:28:37 CEST 2006

Hello Mike,

  You indeed have an interesting project here. Was trying to find
documentation towards understanding how it works but couldnt make any
progress. Am guessing......,

  You configure a service on the nagios box to call the nagiosnt plugin over
nrpe which can then call any other windows machine using wmi. Is this how it
works???.

  Thanks and Regards Mike.

Trevor

On 8/29/06, mike conigliaro <conigliaro at getproactivenow.com> wrote:

> hey guys,
>
> i recently started a project to simplify windows monitoring with
> nagios.  my
> goal was to create a comprehensive set of plugins similar to the official
> nagios
> plugins for *nix, but for win32 nrpe daemons.  so far, i have wmi plugins
> for
> monitoring basic performance metrics like cpu, memory, disk, swap, service
> state, etc.  i've also written some basic snmp, tcp, and icmp plugins, so
> this
> project is not at all limited to monitoring windows machines.
>
> a very nice side effect of this project was ending up with a simple object
> oriented framework for writing future plugins.  this has improved my
> plugin
> development time immensely.  for example, its now possible for me to write
> brand new, fully-functional wmi plugin from start-to-finish in literally 2
> minutes!
>
> the project page is here:
>
> http://nagiospluginsnt.getproactivenow.com
>
> i hope someone out there finds this stuff useful, and im interested in any
> feedback you might have.
>
> --
> Mike Conigliaro
> ProActive Technologies
> conigliaro at getproactivenow.com
> 203.239.0440 ext:317
> www.getproactivenow.com

> reporting any issue.

         ___________________________________
( >-   /  Scaling FreeSoftware & OpenSource        \   -< )
/~\   /                   In the Enterprise                       \   /~\
|  \) \      | www.fsf.org | www.opensource.org |         /  (/ |

An eye for an eye will soon turn the world blind - MKG

"You cannot see me, yet I am the light you see by. You cannot hear me, yet I
speak through your voice. You cannot feel me, yet I am the power at work in
your hands. I am at work, though you do not understand my ways. I am not
strange visions. I am not mysteries.
Only in absolute stillness, beyond self, can you know me as I am, and then
but as a feeling and a faith. Yet I am here. Yet I hear. Yet I answer. -anon
"