to anyone monitoring windows machines with nagios (wmi, etc.)

mike conigliaro conigliaro at getproactivenow.com
Tue Aug 29 00:51:02 CEST 2006

hey guys,

i recently started a project to simplify windows monitoring with nagios.  my
goal was to create a comprehensive set of plugins similar to the official nagios
plugins for *nix, but for win32 nrpe daemons.  so far, i have wmi plugins for
monitoring basic performance metrics like cpu, memory, disk, swap, service
state, etc.  i've also written some basic snmp, tcp, and icmp plugins, so this
project is not at all limited to monitoring windows machines.

a very nice side effect of this project was ending up with a simple object
oriented framework for writing future plugins.  this has improved my plugin
development time immensely.  for example, its now possible for me to write a
brand new, fully-functional wmi plugin from start-to-finish in literally 2 minutes!

the project page is here:

http://nagiospluginsnt.getproactivenow.com

i hope someone out there finds this stuff useful, and im interested in any
feedback you might have.

--
Mike Conigliaro
ProActive Technologies