to anyone monitoring windows machines with nagios (wmi, etc.)

Mike Conigliaro conigliaro at getproactivenow.com
Tue Aug 29 02:22:25 CEST 2006

sorry, documentation is a bit light at this point. =/

your guess is correct.  if you have to monitor a network of windows
machines, its hard to beat doing it with wmi.  unfortunately, you cant
query wmi directly from *nix (as far as i know), but you can run an nrpe
service on one of your windows machines and "proxy" the checks through
that machine.  you only need the check_nrpe plugin on the *nix side to
do this.

my project is simply a collection of plugins, plus a framework for
simplifying plugin development in c# .net.  i started it because i
couldnt find a good replacement for the official nagios plugins for
*nix, and i didnt want just a direct win32 port either, because i wanted
the power of wmi for windows monitoring.

i hope this helps.