one to one service dependencies

Trask trasko at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 02:36:52 CEST 2006

What I would like:

define servicedependency{
	hostgroup_name			hg_a
	service_description		service_m
	dependent_host_name		hg_a
	dependent_service_description	service_n
	execution_failure_criteria	o
	notification_failure_criteria	w,u
}

As written, service_n on every host in hg_a is dependent on service_M
on EVERY OTHER host in hg_a.  I would like to define a dependency for
service_n on service_m on EACH host in hg_a (also stated, I want to
service_n to be dependent on service_m on the same host, but I don't
want to make a servicedependency definition for every single host).

I have seen this question come up a few times in the past in the
archives, but looking through the official docs and poking at the
source leaves me thinking this is not included in version 2.2.

Here's a post of someone who made a patch for 2.0:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.network.nagios.user/19511/match=hostgroup+servicedependency

I'll make another patch if necessary, but I figured I should check
this list first.  Is there any plan on having this functionality
anytime soon?  Does anyone have another way around this?

~trasko